High-Performance and Impact Windows
Comfort and Confidence for Coastal Living
High-Performance and Impact Windows from Alside let you enjoy the beauty and casual luxury of the coastal regions without compromising your safety. Precision-engineered to withstand hurricane-force winds, our windows are rigorously tested and approved to meet or exceed the stringent building codes required.
Thoroughly tested for air and water resistance, as well as structural integrity, our windows will deliver unmatched strength and protection against many of the most destructive weather conditions. A series of test impacts against the window from a “large missile” - a 9 pound wooden 2 x 4, calibrated at 50 feet per second upon release, directed against the glass. After the window passes this test, it is then subjected to positive and negative pressure for 9,000 rapid cycles up to 100% of the design pressure. Our impact windows also offer another very pleasing element - the laminated glass helps to absorb sound, instead of transmitting it. This feature allows for not only peace of mind, but also peace from the daily disruption of the outside world.
We back all High-Performance and Impact Windows with highly comprehensive coverage. It’s your assurance, through a Lifetime Limited Warranty*.
*See printed warranty for details.
Features and Benefits
- Vinyl extrusions built to withstand the extreme heat and humidity common to coastal regions
- Galvanized steel reinforcement for added strength to the exterior of the meeting rail
- Features a 3mm layer of annealed glass, a warm-edge spacer system and two more layers of 3mm annealed glass fortified by a layer of 0.090" laminate
- Fin seal weatherstripping and bulb seal helps to prevent infiltration at the interlock
- “Dead bolt” locking system at the sill helps sash to absorb impact without bending or collapsing
- ClimaTech® insulated glass packages
- Designer grids enclosed within the insulated glass unit for easy cleaning
- Colonial, diamond and prairie grid patterns available
- White, Beige, Rich Maple, Light Oak, Dark Oak, Foxwood and Cherry interior colors available
- White, Beige and Architectural Bronze exterior colors available